The Ontario Liberal Party is committed to building a healthy society that provides the care people need and promotes healthy living at all ages. We have built our health-care system back up and we are now focused on making the system even better by improving access to care, enhancing the patient experience and expanding access to prescription drugs.
Since 2003, we have worked to build a healthier society by:
- Adding almost 1,700 additional doctors and over 8,400 more nurses to provide Ontario families with quality care.
- Investing in 39 major hospital projects.
- Growing our investment since 2013 in home and community care by about $250 million per year, in addition to the government’s ongoing funding of more than $5 billion.
Our commitment to a healthy society is demonstrated by our $11.5 billion increase in investments over the next three years. Some of the main investments are:
- Providing free prescription medications to all children and youth aged 24 and under, starting in January 2018 (OHIP+).
- Committing an additional $9 billion over 10 years to support the construction of new hospitals across the province.
- Reducing the wait times for key services through an additional investment of $890 million over three years.
As we move forward with an ambitious plan to build a healthier society, we need your best ideas about how to improve the patient experience and encourage the people of Ontario to live healthy lives.