Although the province is growing, not everyone feels included in that increased prosperity. The Ontario Liberal Party believes that everyone should have the opportunity to realize their full potential in an inclusive and just society.
This means investing in social services that help vulnerable populations, helping new Ontario families feel secure in their new home, and addressing racism in all forms. It also means building a justice system that meets the needs of all parties involved while increasing community safety.
We are working to build a more inclusive and just society:
- Exploring new ways of providing more consistent and predictable support to lower-income Ontarians including a Basic Income Pilot.
- Investing in innovative local, community-based approaches to tackling poverty through the Local Poverty Reduction Fund.
- Moving forward with the Journey Together, our plan to support the journey of reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples.
- Since 2003, the province has committed more than $5 billion in funding for affordable housing, which has helped support more than 22,000 new affordable rental housing units, more than 335,000 repairs and improvements to social and affordable housing units and rental and down payment assistance to more than 93,000 households in need.
- We are protecting a woman's right to choose and access abortion services without fear of interference, intimidation or harassment.
We still have lots of work to do to ensure everyone has a fair chance in our society. So we need your best ideas.